Some PSN services are down following PS4 update 8.00 don’t panic PlayStation is aware. If you’ve been experiencing trouble accessing the PlayStation Network or are running into errors on your PlayStation 4 then fret not; it’s not just you. Sony released a hefty update for the console earlier, following which users reported a number of issues, including disappearing friends list, failure to access multiplayer games, difficulty launching games, and PS Plus subscriptions not being recognized.
Some PlayStation Network Services Are Down Following PS4 Update 8.00
There’s an entire Reddit megathread dedicated to this discussion, so if you’re not sure whether your issue is related to the latest update or not, head over there and report your issues.
The PSN service status page shows that users are currently experiencing issues with Gaming and Social, and PS Video. All other services are up and running, including Account Management, PS Now, PS Store, and PS Music.
We’re aware users are experiencing difficulties accessing specific functions of PlayStation Network at this time. We’re currently investigating. Thank you for your patience.
— Ask PlayStation (@AskPlayStation) October 14, 2020
“You may have some difficulty launching games, applications or online features,” reads a notice. “Our engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and we thank you for your patience.”
PS5 users will be able to play Final Fantasy XIV with fast loading & PS4 Pro display settings. Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XIV will be one of the “99 percent” of PlayStation 4 games that will be playable on the PlayStation 5. PS5 owners will experience faster loading times and will be able to play the game using PS4 Pro display settings.
PS5 Users Will Be Able to Play Final Fantasy XIV With Fast Loading & PS4 Pro Display Settings
Square Enix shared an overview of Patch 5.4, which will release in December. Details are as follows:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Following the grand conclusion of the Shadowbringers story in Patch 5.3, players will set out on a new adventure.
- New Raid Dungeon: Eden’s Promise – The third chapter in the eight-player Eden raid series brings new challenging battles available as both normal and savage difficulties.
- Chronicles of a New Era – The Sorrow of Werlyt Updates – The next chapter in “The Sorrow of Werlyt” questline will introduce Emerald Weapon.
- New Trial: Emerald Weapon – Players can challenge Emerald Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Matoya’s Relict – Players can tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters, using the Trust system.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up version of an existing primal will be unleashed upon level 80 heroes in Patch 5.4, providing a new challenge and a chance at unique prizes.
- Blue Mage Update – The limited job will receive a number of new updates, including an increased level cap, new blue magic to learn from enemies, new job-specific equipment, and additions to the Blue Mage Log.
- New “Explorer Mode” – This new gameplay mode will allow players to traverse Shadowbringers dungeons without the danger of enemies in order to take screenshots. Players can also summon both mounts and minions within dungeons using this mode to further enhance their screenshots.
- Performance Action Update – Playable instruments have been expanded to include the violin.
- Triple Triad Updates – In addition to revised match rules and UI enhancements, new limited-time tournaments will be held, which will also be available via the Duty Finder.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – The fourth and final stage of the Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard begins.
- “Save the Queen” Update – New 24- and 48-player large-scale battle content and the opportunity to further enhance Resistance weapons arrives in the next chapter of this multi-part adventure featuring a scenario written by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno (Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII).
- Adjustments to PvE and PvP actions, updates to Ocean Fishing and Doman Mahjong, treasure hunt dungeon updates, new UI skins, and more.
After the long run confusion on the internet, culturedventures reached out to Ubisoft to clarify the why PS is left out at 4k list, it is now confirmed that PS4 & PS5 will run the game at 4k too.
That wording claims that Far Cry 6 will have “4K Ultra HD on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X only”, leading some to believe that PS4 and PS5 will drop the 4K support previously seen on Far Cry 5 for PS4 Pro.
“To clarify, Far Cry 6 will be available in 4K on PS5, PS4 Pro and PC. Further details will be available at a later date.”
Far Cry 6 will have 4K for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and more technical details will be revealed the more we get closer to the game’s launch.
Sony fans should now go throw a party and get ready to run FarCry 6 at 4k on their PlayStation 4 and next-gen PlayStation 5. Are you ready to play as Dani Rojas, a resistance fighter who is trying to bring down Giancarlo Esposito’s President Castillo in the fictional city of Yara? I’ll take that as yes..
Far Cry 6 releases on PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and Stadia on February 18, 2021.